Mohammad Irfan thanks Akram for ‘retuning’ bowling action
Johannesburg: Towering Pakistani fast bowler Mohammad Irfan has praised pace legend Wasim Akram, saying that coaching from Akram was helping him rearrange his action to get the best from his giant frame.
Wasim, Pakistan’s all-time leading Test wicket-taker, is running a training camp for fast bowlers as the side prepare for the ICC Champions Trophy in England next month, Sport24 reports.
Stating that working with fellow left-armer Akram has helped him develop, the seven-feet one-inch Irfan, who is the tallest man ever to play international cricket, added that Akram has advised him to use his height to the best effect and bowl with a high arm action.
Irfan, who debuted in 2010 but fell out of favour until storming back in recent trips to India and South Africa, further said that his height is now a matter of great advantage.
Aware of the fact that much of the team`s success in the Champions Trophy will depend on him after Pakistan’s usual new ball spearhead Umar Gul was ruled out with a knee injury, Irfan said that he will try his best to focus on getting wickets and help the team win the title.
According to the report, Irfan had bagged 11 wickets in the one-day series against South Africa last month and terrorised the batsmen on the tour of India in December 2012 where Pakistan won 2-1.
Pakistan face West Indies, India and South Africa in the group stage of the Champions Trophy, which starts on June 6, while defending champions Australia meet England, Sri Lanka and New Zealand in the other pool, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Vodafone launches unlimited free voice calling offer for prepaid customers