Mohammed Asif's career all but over
Karachi: Pakistan media has said fast-bowler Mohammed Asif`s international cricket career is all but over after the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) declined his appeal to lift his seven-year ban for spot-fixing.
The pacer had failed several drug tests in 2006 and 2008, which provoked the sport legal authority to ban the pacer for a few years.
Asif was found guilty for carrying a banned drug at Dubai Airport. He was then detained for 19 days.
The cricketer was touted as ` eternal fixer` because of his alleged scandal with film star Veena Malik who revealed his huge monetary debts to her.
While Asif`s inability to act more responsibly and accountably failed the expectations of his followers, Pakistan coach Bob Woolmer`s faith in the bowler allowed him to claim 11 wickets in a tour match against England in 2005 and win the final match between Pakistan and India by taking seven wickets.
Asif`s winning streak helped Pakistan to win series of matches not only in the country but also at international levels. But, the player`s injuries added to his not-so-good disciplinary records have left the sports authorities in Pakistan with no other choice than limiting the talented cricketer`s career, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla