Mohammed Azharuddin's relative dies, son critical
Hyderabad: Ajmal-ur-Rahman, a relative of former Indian captain Mohammed Azharuddin, died after an accident here in which the cricketer's son Mohammed Ayazuddin was critically injured, police said.
Rahman, 16, and Ayazuddin, 19, met with the accident on the city's outskirts early Sunday. Ayazuddin, an upcoming cricketer, was riding a sports bike with his cousin when he lost control and fell down near Poppalaguda on the Outer Ring Road.
Ayazuddin and Rahman were rushed to Apollo Hospital in Jubliee Hills around 9 a.m. Both received head injuries, hospital sources said.
Azharuddin, who was away in London, is rushing back to Hyderabad. His relatives and friends including Hyderabad MP Asaduddin Owaisi, reached the hospital.
Ayazuddin is a second year B.Com student at St. Mary's College. Ayazuddin is the second of Azharuddin's two sons from his former wife Naureen, whom he divorced to marry former actress Sangeeta Bijlani.
Azharuddin, who played 99 Tests and 334 One-Day Internationals for India, was banned for life in 2000 following allegations of his involvement in match fixing.
The former cricketer joined Congress party before 2009 elections and was elected to Lok Sabha from Moradabad in Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September