Mohsin accuses unnamed group of ruining Pakistan cricket
Karachi: Pakistan`s former coach Mohsin Khan has accused an unnamed group of people of ruining the national team by running a campaign in favour of appointing Australian Dav Whatmore as head coach.
Mohsin was replaced by Whatmore in March last year despite having led the national team to a 3-0 whitewash of England, who were the number one ranked Test team at the time.
"There is no doubt that Whatmore has been a failure and damaged a well-set team like Pakistan which was progressing well," Mohsin said.
"But more than him (Whatmore) those people who campaigned for his appointment and took commissions should be held responsible," Mohsin told the `Jang` newspaper in an interview.
"When Geoff Lawson left as coach of the national team he only had bad words for Pakistan cricket. When Whatmore goes he will also only have bad things to say about our cricket," Mohsin claimed.
The former opener, who played 48 Tests and 75 one-day internationals, said four to five people were responsible for destroying the team.
"They should be asked now what was wrong with Mohsin Khan`s coaching that they wanted a foreign qualified coach. I am always ready to serve Pakistan cricket. If I am called I am available for Pakistan again. Because this country has given me everything.
"But who will hold those people accountable who derailed an united and cohesive team. These people must be held accountable for playing around with Pakistan cricket," he added.
"Now this team has lost two consecutive Test series to Sri Lanka and South Africa. When I was coach we were doing very well only because seniors and juniors both took equal responsibility in the team."
The FIH president also said that it will request the hockey federations of both India and Pakistan to hold one of the matches of their proposed bilateral series in Dhaka.
"I will talk to both Hockey India and Pakistan Hockey Federation and see whether they can hold at least one match in Dhaka, which will be a big boost for the development of the game in Bangaldesh," Negre said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez