Mohsin Khan is willing to contest elections for PCB chief post
Karachi: Former chief selector and coach Mohsin Khan has said he is willing to contest the elections for the post of Pakistan Cricket Board chairman if it is held as scheduled on November 2nd.
Speculations have been rife about how many former Test players could qualify to contest the elections ordered by the Islamabad
High Court which has set forth some clear cut eligibility rules for contesting candidates.
Two of the conditions are most significant one: the candidate must be atleast a graduate and must have played either test or first class cricket.
This condition interestingly rules out many former heads of the board from contesting the elections including the acting chairman, Najam Sethi and also puts brakes on to the tradition of the government appointing board chairman from amongst bureaucrats, military or even business community.
Mohsin said since he qualified for the elections if he felt conditions were right he would contest the elections.
"Many people have asked me whether I am interested in becoming the PCB chairman and I have said if the situation arises and I feel I can contest the elections I will do it as I believe former players can be better administrators in Pakistan," he said.
Other prominent names being bandied about as possible candidates to contest the elections include former captains, Aamir Sohail, Rameez Raja, Intikhab Alam, Haroon Rasheed and even some former board administrators like Arif Ali Abbasi who has played first class cricket.
Many former players have hailed the IHC eligibility conditions set for contesting the elections as they feel this would give former players a better chance of becoming involved in Pakistan cricket board affairs.
"It would be perfect if we can have a proper elected chairman of the board because then he would be accountable to the people and the general body of the board," former captain, Rashid Latif told PTI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof