Mohsin Khan is willing to contest elections for PCB chief post
Karachi: Former chief selector and coach Mohsin Khan has said he is willing to contest the elections for the post of Pakistan Cricket Board chairman if it is held as scheduled on November 2nd.
Speculations have been rife about how many former Test players could qualify to contest the elections ordered by the Islamabad
High Court which has set forth some clear cut eligibility rules for contesting candidates.
Two of the conditions are most significant one: the candidate must be atleast a graduate and must have played either test or first class cricket.
This condition interestingly rules out many former heads of the board from contesting the elections including the acting chairman, Najam Sethi and also puts brakes on to the tradition of the government appointing board chairman from amongst bureaucrats, military or even business community.
Mohsin said since he qualified for the elections if he felt conditions were right he would contest the elections.
"Many people have asked me whether I am interested in becoming the PCB chairman and I have said if the situation arises and I feel I can contest the elections I will do it as I believe former players can be better administrators in Pakistan," he said.
Other prominent names being bandied about as possible candidates to contest the elections include former captains, Aamir Sohail, Rameez Raja, Intikhab Alam, Haroon Rasheed and even some former board administrators like Arif Ali Abbasi who has played first class cricket.
Many former players have hailed the IHC eligibility conditions set for contesting the elections as they feel this would give former players a better chance of becoming involved in Pakistan cricket board affairs.
"It would be perfect if we can have a proper elected chairman of the board because then he would be accountable to the people and the general body of the board," former captain, Rashid Latif told PTI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand