Mohsin Khan says PCB should be ‘more consistent’ while appointing captains
Islamabad: Former coach and chief selector Mohsin Khan has told the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) to be more consistent in their decision to appoint a captain while pointing towards their 1-1 draw in the two-match Twenty20 series against Sri Lanka.
Pakistan lost the opening match with a number of tactics by newly appointed Twenty20 captain Mohammad Hafeez coming under scanner.
However, the tourists bounced back in the second game, and Mohsin felt that Afridi should have been made the new Twenty 20 captain.
Mohsin also believes dropping Misbah-Ul-Haq few months before the Twenty20 World Cup was an awful decision, but believes now Hafeez should be given a longer run to let him settle into the new role.
“There was no need to remove Misbahul Haq [from captaincy] with the World Twenty20 so close. But if his removal was inevitable, then Shahid Afridi was the best choice as he is vastly experienced,” The Express Tribune quoted Mohsin, as saying.
“However, if Hafeez has been handed the responsibility then he should be given the job until the World Twenty20,” he added.
“Hafeez looked very confused and that affected his individual performance. When you hand captaincy to someone for just two games, something like this is bound to happen,” he said.
Mohsin further added: “The PCB should name the captain immediately and if it wants a change, the decision should be taken now. But I believe Hafeez should continue.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested