Mohsin Khan says PCB should be ‘more consistent’ while appointing captains
Islamabad: Former coach and chief selector Mohsin Khan has told the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) to be more consistent in their decision to appoint a captain while pointing towards their 1-1 draw in the two-match Twenty20 series against Sri Lanka.
Pakistan lost the opening match with a number of tactics by newly appointed Twenty20 captain Mohammad Hafeez coming under scanner.
However, the tourists bounced back in the second game, and Mohsin felt that Afridi should have been made the new Twenty 20 captain.
Mohsin also believes dropping Misbah-Ul-Haq few months before the Twenty20 World Cup was an awful decision, but believes now Hafeez should be given a longer run to let him settle into the new role.
“There was no need to remove Misbahul Haq [from captaincy] with the World Twenty20 so close. But if his removal was inevitable, then Shahid Afridi was the best choice as he is vastly experienced,” The Express Tribune quoted Mohsin, as saying.
“However, if Hafeez has been handed the responsibility then he should be given the job until the World Twenty20,” he added.
“Hafeez looked very confused and that affected his individual performance. When you hand captaincy to someone for just two games, something like this is bound to happen,” he said.
Mohsin further added: “The PCB should name the captain immediately and if it wants a change, the decision should be taken now. But I believe Hafeez should continue.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation