Mohsin Khan slams Pak management for revealing spin mantra
Karachi: Former Pakistani head coach Mohsin Khan has slammed the management`s revelations of using a `spin trap` against the South Africans in the UAE series, saying that it was a negative attitude on the management`s part.
The former Test opener, who coached Pakistan to a famous 3-0 Test series whitewash over the then number one England side last year, expressed dissatisfaction over the lead-up to the series, following coach Dav Whatmore`s revealing the team`s plans of using spin tracks and a `couple of quality spinners`.
Stating that he felt revealing the plans beforehand was a negative attitude on the management`s part, Khan said that teams do not reveal their strategies so as to avoid risking preparing the opposition, adding that the announcement gave the impression that the team is under pressure.
Khan further said that had he been the coach, he would have favoured bouncy tracks like he did against England as the team has a good pace attack, adding that bouncy tracks also help spinners like Saeed Ajmal, the Express Tribune reports.
Khan also said that the team missed a good opportunity to prepare younger players during their tours of the West Indies and Zimbabwe, although he refused to blame the selection committee, saying that a chief selector is badly needed especially for such cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says