Mohsin, Sohail blame skipper Misbah for series loss against Australia
Sharjah: Former Pakistan captains Mohsin Khan and Aamir Sohail have questioned the team management and the captain’s competence in handling the team after it lost the three-match One-Day International (ODI) series against Australia two games to one.
“Pakistan were hot favourites for the series. Our team was better than Australia in the conditions. Barring fielding, we were stronger than them in all the other departments. We should’ve won the final ODI and losing under the circumstances is very concerning,” Mohsin told a leading daily.
He said: “What I feel is that there was lack of a proper game plan. We failed to capitalise on good starts and made illogical decisions in crucial stages. Removing Saeed Ajmal from the attack when he was on fire in the final ODI was a blunder.”
“I won’t blame just the captain but the coach as well, who is also responsible. Misbahul Haq is a hardworking player but not a smart captain. He needs guidance, which he is unfortunately not getting. Because of our mistakes, millions of fans who were praying for the win were left heartbroken.”
Former captain Aamir Sohail was also unimpressed by Misbah’s captaincy.
“He should learn how to use his fast-bowlers like Australia did. He didn’t utilise Junaid Khan when the spinners were struggling with the wet ball.”
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata