Mohsin, Sohail blame skipper Misbah for series loss against Australia
Sharjah: Former Pakistan captains Mohsin Khan and Aamir Sohail have questioned the team management and the captain’s competence in handling the team after it lost the three-match One-Day International (ODI) series against Australia two games to one.
“Pakistan were hot favourites for the series. Our team was better than Australia in the conditions. Barring fielding, we were stronger than them in all the other departments. We should’ve won the final ODI and losing under the circumstances is very concerning,” Mohsin told a leading daily.
He said: “What I feel is that there was lack of a proper game plan. We failed to capitalise on good starts and made illogical decisions in crucial stages. Removing Saeed Ajmal from the attack when he was on fire in the final ODI was a blunder.”
“I won’t blame just the captain but the coach as well, who is also responsible. Misbahul Haq is a hardworking player but not a smart captain. He needs guidance, which he is unfortunately not getting. Because of our mistakes, millions of fans who were praying for the win were left heartbroken.”
Former captain Aamir Sohail was also unimpressed by Misbah’s captaincy.
“He should learn how to use his fast-bowlers like Australia did. He didn’t utilise Junaid Khan when the spinners were struggling with the wet ball.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video