Moin Khan defends Pak`s performance despite Zimbabwe Test loss
Islamabad: Pakistan team manager Moin Khan has defended the side from the criticisms following their humiliating win against Zimbabwe in the second Test, saying that their overall performance was `satisfactory`.
Khan believes that the team does not to apologise for their results as they did not lose the two-Test series, the Daily Times reports.
Stating that he does not think that Pakistan`s level is falling, Khan said that even though Pakistan did not bat well in the second Test, they do not need to be contrite as the series was drawn and they have won the Twenty20 and one-day series
According to Khan, the conditions suited Zimbabwe more than Pakistan during the second Test, although he admitted that Pakistan had played badly in both the one-day and the Test match that they lost.
Stating that it is important not to demoralize players and instead take measures to boost their confidence, Khan hailed T20 captain Mohammad Hafeez, saying that even though his batting was not good in the Tests, he fared well in the T20s and ODIs and is keen to regain his form.
Highlighting the contributions of Test and ODI skipper Misbah-ul Haq and his fellow veteran Younis Khan, Khan also said that the seniors held on to the batting during the Tests till the end, adding that coach Dav Whatmore would take necessary measures to overcome the mistakes made during the tour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy