Moin Khan defends Pak`s performance despite Zimbabwe Test loss
Islamabad: Pakistan team manager Moin Khan has defended the side from the criticisms following their humiliating win against Zimbabwe in the second Test, saying that their overall performance was `satisfactory`.
Khan believes that the team does not to apologise for their results as they did not lose the two-Test series, the Daily Times reports.
Stating that he does not think that Pakistan`s level is falling, Khan said that even though Pakistan did not bat well in the second Test, they do not need to be contrite as the series was drawn and they have won the Twenty20 and one-day series
According to Khan, the conditions suited Zimbabwe more than Pakistan during the second Test, although he admitted that Pakistan had played badly in both the one-day and the Test match that they lost.
Stating that it is important not to demoralize players and instead take measures to boost their confidence, Khan hailed T20 captain Mohammad Hafeez, saying that even though his batting was not good in the Tests, he fared well in the T20s and ODIs and is keen to regain his form.
Highlighting the contributions of Test and ODI skipper Misbah-ul Haq and his fellow veteran Younis Khan, Khan also said that the seniors held on to the batting during the Tests till the end, adding that coach Dav Whatmore would take necessary measures to overcome the mistakes made during the tour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it