Moises Henriques happy with bowling show
Chennai: Australian all-rounder Moises Henriques today rued his failure with the bat but felt satisfied with his impressive show with the ball in the drawn match against Board President`s XI here.
"I bowled well today, but I think (I) let go of a great opportunity I had with the bat yesterday. I felt comfortable early and had a good opportunity to spend some time in those conditions," said Henriques whose impressive 4/12 from 9.3 overs helped Australia bowl BP XI out for 230 on second day.
Asked if he was the frontrunner for the number seven spot in Australian Test team for the series starting on February 22, he said, "That`s not for me to decide. Steven Smith batted really well yesterday and Maxwell came out today and showed what he can do."
He said the Australian side have the balance with several options for the Test series.
"At this stage I`m the only seam bowling all-rounder so I certainly give what you could call a unique option. But I guess in these conditions, the spin bowling option also is going to be a good one. I guess whatever situation asks for, the squad has got a good balance to what`s needed," he said.
About his bowling strategy, he said, "I don`t try and change my length too much unless I see the batsman getting too far forward, when I bowl a bumper. I certainly change my position on the crease, a little wider or a little closer."
Henriques has been to India several times as member of ODI team and to play in the IPL, but he said he now wants to experience the challenge of playing Test cricket.
"This is my 11th tour to India so I`ve been here a few times with the IPL, ODI series and I`ve played some junior cricket here as well. But this is the first time I`m going to be playing the longer version so it`s a new test and new experience that I`ll learn from," he said.
Asked about senior batsman Shane Watson`s influence on him, he said, "To have one of the greatest all-rounders in the dressing room is certainly an advantage. To be able to bounce ideas off someone like Shane is great. What I tried to do today was something that Shane does really well."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins