Moises Henriques happy with bowling show
Chennai: Australian all-rounder Moises Henriques today rued his failure with the bat but felt satisfied with his impressive show with the ball in the drawn match against Board President`s XI here.
"I bowled well today, but I think (I) let go of a great opportunity I had with the bat yesterday. I felt comfortable early and had a good opportunity to spend some time in those conditions," said Henriques whose impressive 4/12 from 9.3 overs helped Australia bowl BP XI out for 230 on second day.
Asked if he was the frontrunner for the number seven spot in Australian Test team for the series starting on February 22, he said, "That`s not for me to decide. Steven Smith batted really well yesterday and Maxwell came out today and showed what he can do."
He said the Australian side have the balance with several options for the Test series.
"At this stage I`m the only seam bowling all-rounder so I certainly give what you could call a unique option. But I guess in these conditions, the spin bowling option also is going to be a good one. I guess whatever situation asks for, the squad has got a good balance to what`s needed," he said.
About his bowling strategy, he said, "I don`t try and change my length too much unless I see the batsman getting too far forward, when I bowl a bumper. I certainly change my position on the crease, a little wider or a little closer."
Henriques has been to India several times as member of ODI team and to play in the IPL, but he said he now wants to experience the challenge of playing Test cricket.
"This is my 11th tour to India so I`ve been here a few times with the IPL, ODI series and I`ve played some junior cricket here as well. But this is the first time I`m going to be playing the longer version so it`s a new test and new experience that I`ll learn from," he said.
Asked about senior batsman Shane Watson`s influence on him, he said, "To have one of the greatest all-rounders in the dressing room is certainly an advantage. To be able to bounce ideas off someone like Shane is great. What I tried to do today was something that Shane does really well."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India