Morne Morkel in doubt for Sri Lanka ODI after CT injury recurrence
Johannesburg: South African bowler Morne Morkel has reportedly come under doubt to play in the first one-day international (ODI) against Sri Lanka after sustaining a recurrence of the quad injury which forced him out of the ICC Champions Trophy .
Morkel felt a tightness in his left quadricep muscle after bowling three overs during the Proteas` warm-up match against a Sri Lanka Development XI on Wednesday.
Confirming the development, South Africa team manager Mohammed Moosajee said that Morkel was withdrawn from play immediately to receive treatment after he felt discomfort after three overs of bowling, adding that Proteas` physiotherapist Brandon Jackson will reassess Morkel`s injury to determine his availability for Saturday`s ODI.
Mosajee further said that since his injury in England, Morkel has undergone extensive rehab and training prior to this tour, and also passed a full fitness and bowling test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP