Morne Morkel in doubt for Sri Lanka ODI after CT injury recurrence
Johannesburg: South African bowler Morne Morkel has reportedly come under doubt to play in the first one-day international (ODI) against Sri Lanka after sustaining a recurrence of the quad injury which forced him out of the ICC Champions Trophy .
Morkel felt a tightness in his left quadricep muscle after bowling three overs during the Proteas` warm-up match against a Sri Lanka Development XI on Wednesday.
Confirming the development, South Africa team manager Mohammed Moosajee said that Morkel was withdrawn from play immediately to receive treatment after he felt discomfort after three overs of bowling, adding that Proteas` physiotherapist Brandon Jackson will reassess Morkel`s injury to determine his availability for Saturday`s ODI.
Mosajee further said that since his injury in England, Morkel has undergone extensive rehab and training prior to this tour, and also passed a full fitness and bowling test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!