MP spank Gujarat by 5 wickets
Indore: Udit Birla struck an unbeaten half century as Madhya Pradesh recorded a comfortable five-wicket victory over Gujarat in their Ranji Trophy Elite Division match on Friday.
Overnight 107 for four, Madhya Pradesh lost overnight batsman Abbas Ali (40) early today but Birla (52 not out) and Harpreet Singh (28 not out) ensured that Madhya Pradesh chased down the target of 198 with five wickets to spare.
Udit`s entertaining knock came off 58 balls and was studded with eight fours. Harpreet, on the other hand, played a patient innings that took 81 deliveries and included a couple of hits to the fence.
MP bagged five points from the match, missing out on the bonus point after conceding a first innings lead.
For Gujarat, Ishwar Chaudhary and Mehul Patel were the most successful bowlers, picking two wickets apiece. While Chaudhary conceded 62 runs in his 26 overs, Patel gave away 67 runs his 22.5 overs.
Gujarat: 130 and 272 all out.
Madhya Pradesh: 205 and 198 for 5 in 70.5 overs (Udit Birla 52 not out, Abbas Ali 40, Ishwar Chaudhary 2/62, Mehul Patel 2/67).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter