MP well placed against Bengal
Kalyani: Madhya Pradesh laboured to 277 for three on the third day of the four-day Cooch Behar Trophy elite group B league match against Bengal at the Kalyani Stadium here on Monday.
In reply to Bengal’s 438, Madhya Pradesh added 189 runs to their overnight 88 for one losing only two wickets in 94 overs in a day’s play.
The visitors would need 162 runs more on the final day tomorrow to take the first innings lead and retain their place in the elite section.
The team that concede the first innings lead would be relegated to the plate division next season.
Bengal have two points from three matches while MP have one from as many matches.
Bengal 438 vs Madhya Pradesh 277/3; 127 overs (S R Tripathi 98, A V Singh 63, A J Dhaliwal 50 batting; Ravikant Singh two for 64).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why