MP well placed against Bengal
Kalyani: Madhya Pradesh laboured to 277 for three on the third day of the four-day Cooch Behar Trophy elite group B league match against Bengal at the Kalyani Stadium here on Monday.
In reply to Bengal’s 438, Madhya Pradesh added 189 runs to their overnight 88 for one losing only two wickets in 94 overs in a day’s play.
The visitors would need 162 runs more on the final day tomorrow to take the first innings lead and retain their place in the elite section.
The team that concede the first innings lead would be relegated to the plate division next season.
Bengal have two points from three matches while MP have one from as many matches.
Bengal 438 vs Madhya Pradesh 277/3; 127 overs (S R Tripathi 98, A V Singh 63, A J Dhaliwal 50 batting; Ravikant Singh two for 64).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok