MS Dhoni is the richest Indian sportsperson
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Indian cricket captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni has been named as the richest sportsperson in India as per the Forbes’ list of top 100 Indian celebrities.
According to Forbes India, Dhoni earned an estimated Rs 135.16 crore in the period between October 2011 and September 2012 which is the highest among any Indian sportsperson.
The list ranks top 100 Indian celebrities based on their popularity and income.
Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan tops the list with Rs 202.8 crore followed by Salman Khan and Dhoni.
According to the magazine, SRK might be the richest Indian celebrity but he lags behind Salman and Dhoni in terms of popularity.
Other Indian sportsperson who made it to the top-50 includes the likes of Virat Kohli, Saina Nehwal, and Sania Mirza.
23-year-old Olympic bronze medallist Saina Nehwal is the youngest celebrity in the list.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez