MS Dhoni is the richest Indian sportsperson
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Indian cricket captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni has been named as the richest sportsperson in India as per the Forbes’ list of top 100 Indian celebrities.
According to Forbes India, Dhoni earned an estimated Rs 135.16 crore in the period between October 2011 and September 2012 which is the highest among any Indian sportsperson.
The list ranks top 100 Indian celebrities based on their popularity and income.
Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan tops the list with Rs 202.8 crore followed by Salman Khan and Dhoni.
According to the magazine, SRK might be the richest Indian celebrity but he lags behind Salman and Dhoni in terms of popularity.
Other Indian sportsperson who made it to the top-50 includes the likes of Virat Kohli, Saina Nehwal, and Sania Mirza.
23-year-old Olympic bronze medallist Saina Nehwal is the youngest celebrity in the list.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now