MS Dhoni is the richest Indian sportsperson
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Indian cricket captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni has been named as the richest sportsperson in India as per the Forbes’ list of top 100 Indian celebrities.
According to Forbes India, Dhoni earned an estimated Rs 135.16 crore in the period between October 2011 and September 2012 which is the highest among any Indian sportsperson.
The list ranks top 100 Indian celebrities based on their popularity and income.
Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan tops the list with Rs 202.8 crore followed by Salman Khan and Dhoni.
According to the magazine, SRK might be the richest Indian celebrity but he lags behind Salman and Dhoni in terms of popularity.
Other Indian sportsperson who made it to the top-50 includes the likes of Virat Kohli, Saina Nehwal, and Sania Mirza.
23-year-old Olympic bronze medallist Saina Nehwal is the youngest celebrity in the list.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- 1st Test, Day 3: Sri Lanka vs Australia - As it happened...
- Bail plea of Amanatullah Khan, accused of threatening woman with rape and murder, to be heard today
- Bhagwant Mann FB video row: Deadline for AAP MP to depose before parliamentary panel ends today
- Donald Trump was 'being sarcastic' over Russia hacking comments
- Full text of US President Barack Obama's speech at Democratic convention