MS Dhoni tops Forbes highest earning cricketers list
New Delhi: Mahendra Singh Dhoni topped the list of the world`s highest earning cricketers compiled by Forbes magazine, followed by Sachin Tendulkar, as six Indians made it to the list`s top-10.
With earnings of USD two crore and 65 lakh, Dhoni features at the top of the list, out of which USD two crore 30 lakh comes from the commercials, while the rest USD 35 lakh he earns from playing cricket.
Dhoni`s USD two crore 30 lakh is also the highest among cricketers earned from commercials.
Tendulkar stands second at USD one crore and 86 lakh, out of which USD one crore and 65 lakh comes from advertisements, while the rest is from playing cricket.
Other cricketers in the Forbes` list are Gautam Gambhir (USD 73 lakh), Virat Kohli (USD 71 lakh), Virender Sehwag (USD 69 lakh), Shane Watson (USD USD 59 lakh), Michael Clarke (USD 49 lakh), Brett Lee (USD 48 lakh), Ricky Ponting (USD 41 lakh) and Yusuf Pathan (USD 37 lakh).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6.3-magnitude earthquake hits off Papua New Guinea: USGS
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015