MS Dhoni’s close friend, who taught him helicopter shot, no more
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Team India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s close friend Santosh Lal reportedly died while undergoing treatment for acute pancreatitis in a Delhi hospital.
The former Ranji player is survived by parents, wife and a three-year-old daughter. He was 32.
The body is expected to arrive in Ranchi later in the day.
Dhoni, who is out on a tour of the US, credits childhood pal Lal for his famous helicopter shot and he was bearing the cost of his treatment.
Lal, a Ranji player, after being identified with acute pancreatitis was admitted in an unconscious state at a Ranchi hospital.
He was later airlifted to the national capital.
Jharkhand State Cricket Association (JSCA) secretary Rajesh Verma said the JSCA donated Rs one lakh to Lal for his treatment and Rs 39,500 was collected among the association members and handed over to his family.
The cricket board held a condolence meeting in memory of the cricketer at the JSCA stadium.
Lal was working with the Railways.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends