MSSA burns score sheet of Sachin-Kambli record 664-run stand
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: It was the making of a legend. Two of the best buddies, Sachin Tendulkar and Vinod Kambli shared a record 664-run partnership playing for Shardashram Vidya Mandir against St Xavier`s in a Harris Shield game on February 24th, 1988.
It was the highest partnership for any wicket in any class of cricket in a tournament organised by the Mumbai School Sports Association (MSSA).
According to a report published in leading English daily, the MSSA has done away with the original scoresheet as according to them it was like any other sheet from a normal game.
"The score-sheet was kept along with all the other records of games, and has since been incinerated as we could not store them all. You cannot expect us to store files that are 25 years old," stated MSSA cricket secretary HS Bhor.
The MSSA seems to have forgotten that the partnership is one of the stepping stones in Tendulkar’s rise to fame. It was the same partnership which brought these two budding cricketers into limelight as both of them were later on selected in the Mumbai team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city