Mukund to lead India `A` in New Zealand
Mumbai: Discarded Test opener Abhinav Mukund was on Friday appointed captain of the India `A` team for the tour of New Zealand while Rajasthan`s Ashok Menaria will be the Tamil Nadu opener`s deputy.
India `A` side will be touring New Zealand during September-October, when they will be playing three limited- overs matches, lone T20 and two four-day first-class games against their counterparts.
Young batsman Anustup Mazumdar was rewarded with a maiden call-up after good season for Bengal and East Zone in domestic cricket while Mumbai`s attractive middle-order batsman B Suryakumar Yadav was also given his first chance for India `A` by the senior national selection committee.
The India `A` team: Abhinav Mukund, Ashok Menaria, Naman Ojha, Mandeep Singh, Anustup Majumdar, Ambati Rayudu, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Akshay Darekar, Vinay Kumar, Mohammed Shami Surya Kumar Yadav, Jalaj Saxena, Rahul Sharma, Rituraj Singh Jaydev Unadkat, Unmukt Chand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!