Mukund to lead India `A` in New Zealand
Mumbai: Discarded Test opener Abhinav Mukund was on Friday appointed captain of the India `A` team for the tour of New Zealand while Rajasthan`s Ashok Menaria will be the Tamil Nadu opener`s deputy.
India `A` side will be touring New Zealand during September-October, when they will be playing three limited- overs matches, lone T20 and two four-day first-class games against their counterparts.
Young batsman Anustup Mazumdar was rewarded with a maiden call-up after good season for Bengal and East Zone in domestic cricket while Mumbai`s attractive middle-order batsman B Suryakumar Yadav was also given his first chance for India `A` by the senior national selection committee.
The India `A` team: Abhinav Mukund, Ashok Menaria, Naman Ojha, Mandeep Singh, Anustup Majumdar, Ambati Rayudu, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Akshay Darekar, Vinay Kumar, Mohammed Shami Surya Kumar Yadav, Jalaj Saxena, Rahul Sharma, Rituraj Singh Jaydev Unadkat, Unmukt Chand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?