Mukund to lead India `A` in New Zealand
Mumbai: Discarded Test opener Abhinav Mukund was on Friday appointed captain of the India `A` team for the tour of New Zealand while Rajasthan`s Ashok Menaria will be the Tamil Nadu opener`s deputy.
India `A` side will be touring New Zealand during September-October, when they will be playing three limited- overs matches, lone T20 and two four-day first-class games against their counterparts.
Young batsman Anustup Mazumdar was rewarded with a maiden call-up after good season for Bengal and East Zone in domestic cricket while Mumbai`s attractive middle-order batsman B Suryakumar Yadav was also given his first chance for India `A` by the senior national selection committee.
The India `A` team: Abhinav Mukund, Ashok Menaria, Naman Ojha, Mandeep Singh, Anustup Majumdar, Ambati Rayudu, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Akshay Darekar, Vinay Kumar, Mohammed Shami Surya Kumar Yadav, Jalaj Saxena, Rahul Sharma, Rituraj Singh Jaydev Unadkat, Unmukt Chand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof