Mumbai complete formality to enter Ranji Trophy semi-final
Indore: Title contenders Mumbai played safe on the final day as they beat Madhya Pradesh by virtue of first innings lead, to enter the semi-finals of the Ranji Trophy, at the Holkar Stadium on Thursday.
Mumbai will meet Tamil Nadu in the semi-final at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai, from January 10-13.
MP gave a much better account of themselves in the second innings as declared at 474 for three setting a target of 233 for Mumbai in 49 overs which included the 15 mandatory overs.
The 39-time champions never went for the target as they scored 113 for one in 34 overs and the match was called off before the mandatory overs were about to start.
While man-of-the-match Kaustubh Pawar (52 no) helped himself to another half century after his 161 in the first essay, opener Praful Waghela (51 not out) also got some much needed batting practice before the semi-final against Tamil Nadu.
The day however belonged to MP`s No 3 batsman Mohnish Mishra who scored his fifth first-class century on the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit