Mumbai follow on despite Yadav, Shah tons
Rajkot: Suryakumar Yadav (111) and Hiken Shah (113) scored twin centuries but still could not save Mumbai from following on as they folded for 360 in reply to Saurashtra`s first-innings score of 580 on the third day of their Ranji Trophy Elite division match on Thursday.
Asked to bat again, Mumbai were three for no loss in their second innings at the draw of stumps at the Khandheri Cricket Stadium.
Yadav slammed 17 boundaries and three sixes during his breezy knock, which came off just 92 balls, while Shah faced 208 balls and hit 18 fours.
Resuming their first innings on 19 for two, Mumbai lost their first wicket of the day in skipper Wasim Jaffer (4) before losing Kaustubh Pawar in the 10th over.
Yadav and Shah then joined hands and added 148 runs for the fifth wicket in 29.4 overs before the former was dismissed by Kamlesh Makvana in the 40th over.
Dhawal Kulkarni (10) was out cheaply but Iqbal Abdullah (39) gave company to Shah before being dismissed by Jaydev Unadkat.
Ramesh Powar also did not last long while Shah became a victim of Maniar in the 75th over.
Aavishkar Salvi was the last wicket to be dismissed as Mumbai fell 20 runs short of avoiding the follow-on.
For Saurashtra, Sandip Maniar finished with impressive figures of five for 71, and was instrumental in triggering Mumbai`s slide.
Saurashtra 1st innings: 580/9
Mumbai: 360 all out (Yadav 111, Shah 113; Maniar 5/71) and 3 for no loss.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Priyanka Gandhi Vadra to campaign outside Amethi and Rae Bareilly in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections?
- 'India stalling dialogue with Pakistan to avoid negotiations on Kashmir'
- Cancer woes: Parsley, dill can actually be the cure!
- Spine chilling! French swimmer Yannick Agnel promises to swim around the Nordic island if Iceland win Euro 2016
- LeEco Le 2, Le Max2 second flash sale on July 5; registrations open