Mumbai follow on despite Yadav, Shah tons
Rajkot: Suryakumar Yadav (111) and Hiken Shah (113) scored twin centuries but still could not save Mumbai from following on as they folded for 360 in reply to Saurashtra`s first-innings score of 580 on the third day of their Ranji Trophy Elite division match on Thursday.
Asked to bat again, Mumbai were three for no loss in their second innings at the draw of stumps at the Khandheri Cricket Stadium.
Yadav slammed 17 boundaries and three sixes during his breezy knock, which came off just 92 balls, while Shah faced 208 balls and hit 18 fours.
Resuming their first innings on 19 for two, Mumbai lost their first wicket of the day in skipper Wasim Jaffer (4) before losing Kaustubh Pawar in the 10th over.
Yadav and Shah then joined hands and added 148 runs for the fifth wicket in 29.4 overs before the former was dismissed by Kamlesh Makvana in the 40th over.
Dhawal Kulkarni (10) was out cheaply but Iqbal Abdullah (39) gave company to Shah before being dismissed by Jaydev Unadkat.
Ramesh Powar also did not last long while Shah became a victim of Maniar in the 75th over.
Aavishkar Salvi was the last wicket to be dismissed as Mumbai fell 20 runs short of avoiding the follow-on.
For Saurashtra, Sandip Maniar finished with impressive figures of five for 71, and was instrumental in triggering Mumbai`s slide.
Saurashtra 1st innings: 580/9
Mumbai: 360 all out (Yadav 111, Shah 113; Maniar 5/71) and 3 for no loss.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand