Mumbai Indians among top-150 most valuable team brands
New Delhi: IPL franchise Mumbai Indians is among the world`s 150 most valuable sports team brands according to a list topped by English football giants Manchester United, which has a brand value of USD 852 millions.
In the assessment of brand values of all major sports teams worldwide done by a London-based brand valuation firm, the Mukesh Ambani-owned team found the 146th position with a brand value worth USD 48 millions, followed by Chennai Super Kings at USD 45 millions.
The firm, Brand Finance plc, had compiled the list of the world`s 250 most valuable sports teams, including football clubs and teams from the NFL, NHL, NBA, MLB and the Indian Premier League as on June 1 last year.
The inaugural IPL champions, Rajasthan Royals (USD 27 millions), have the least brand value among the other teams in the competition.
Despite cricket being one of the the world`s biggest sport, the total value of IPL teams is just USD 321 million, the research claimed.
As per the average team brand value for different sports, the cricket event has USD 35 million brand value.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Borussia Dortmund deny reports of Manchester City's EUR 70 million bid for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Kapil Sharma aka Kappu's Twitter account 'hacked'! – Know who did it
- More than 37,000 flee South Sudan for Uganda: UN
- World to end in a global apocalypse this Friday on July 29?
- First Haj flight from Uttar Pradesh to take off on August 10