Mumbai Indians among top-150 most valuable team brands
New Delhi: IPL franchise Mumbai Indians is among the world`s 150 most valuable sports team brands according to a list topped by English football giants Manchester United, which has a brand value of USD 852 millions.
In the assessment of brand values of all major sports teams worldwide done by a London-based brand valuation firm, the Mukesh Ambani-owned team found the 146th position with a brand value worth USD 48 millions, followed by Chennai Super Kings at USD 45 millions.
The firm, Brand Finance plc, had compiled the list of the world`s 250 most valuable sports teams, including football clubs and teams from the NFL, NHL, NBA, MLB and the Indian Premier League as on June 1 last year.
The inaugural IPL champions, Rajasthan Royals (USD 27 millions), have the least brand value among the other teams in the competition.
Despite cricket being one of the the world`s biggest sport, the total value of IPL teams is just USD 321 million, the research claimed.
As per the average team brand value for different sports, the cricket event has USD 35 million brand value.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Benefits of face scrubs for men
- In awe of the Master! WATCH how Sakshi Malik requested Sachin Tendulkar to take a selfie with her brother
- Coal imports in July dip 11% to 18 MT
- Sania Mirza overcomes Rio failure; lifts the Connecticut Open trophy to gear up for US Open
- MASSIVE! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' celebrates 50 days in theatres – Details inside