Mumbai Indians retain captain Harbhajan Singh
New Delhi: High-profile IPL franchise Mumbai Indians have retained captain Harbhajan Singh in the team amidst intense media speculation that the veteran spinner might be back in the auction pool for the next edition of the cash-rich league.
According to IPL sources, Harbhajan`s name does not figure in the list of cricketers who will be released by the Mumbai Indians.
There was intense speculation as to whether Harbhajan would be released but according to the IPL source, the future of the 32-year-old spinner with the Reliance group owned franchise was never questioned.
"These were baseless rumours and Harbhajan was and is still a part of this side. He has been with MI from the first season itself and brings in a lot of value to the team. There was never any doubt about his future with MI," an IPL official in the know of things told PTI today.
The BCCI has not yet issued a press release giving out the names of players who have been released by their respective franchises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video