Mumbai Indians retain captain Harbhajan Singh
New Delhi: High-profile IPL franchise Mumbai Indians have retained captain Harbhajan Singh in the team amidst intense media speculation that the veteran spinner might be back in the auction pool for the next edition of the cash-rich league.
According to IPL sources, Harbhajan`s name does not figure in the list of cricketers who will be released by the Mumbai Indians.
There was intense speculation as to whether Harbhajan would be released but according to the IPL source, the future of the 32-year-old spinner with the Reliance group owned franchise was never questioned.
"These were baseless rumours and Harbhajan was and is still a part of this side. He has been with MI from the first season itself and brings in a lot of value to the team. There was never any doubt about his future with MI," an IPL official in the know of things told PTI today.
The BCCI has not yet issued a press release giving out the names of players who have been released by their respective franchises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!