Mumbai Indians Vs Delhi Daredevils: Statistical highlights
Mumbai: Statistical highlights of the Indian Premier League match between Mumbai Indians and Delhi Daredevils.
• Mumbai Indians, for the first time, have recorded the highest success % in the history of the IPL - 58.49 - 31 wins and 22 defeats out of 53 played.
• Ambati Rayudu`s aggregate of 349 at an average of 38.77 is the third highest in the IPL 4, next only to Virender Sehwag (424) and Sachin Tendulkar (365).
• Venugopal Rao has managed 290 at an average of 29.00 in 11 games in IPL 4. Only Virender Sehwag has recorded more runs than Venugopal for Delhi - 424 at an average of 38.54.
• Ambati Rayudu has received his second Man of the Match award in the IPL.
• Sachin Tendulkar became the third skipper after Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Kumar Sangakkara to lose eight tosses in succession in the IPL.
• Rohit Sharma`s tally of 282 (ave.56.40) in eight innings is exceeded only by Tendulkar (365) and Rayudu (349) for Mumbai Indians in the IPL 4.
• The five leading batsmen in terms of run-aggregate in the IPL are - Suresh Raina (1652), Sachin Tendulkar (1535), Jacques Kallis (1473), Rohit Sharma (1452) and Gautam Gambhir (1402).
• Morne Morkel (4-0-49-1) has registered the worst bowling figures by a Delhi bowler in the IPL 4.
• James Hopes (55 off 44 balls) has batted brilliantly to register his highest innings in the IPL 4 - his second fifty. His average of 60.33 is the best for Delhi Daredevils in the IPL 4, aggregating 181 in six innings, three times not out.
• Lasith Malinga (24), Munaf Patel (12) and Harbhajan (12) are the three leading wicket-takers in the IPL 4 for Mumbai Indians.
• Lasith Malinga (24 at an average of 9.41 in 10 matches) has set a record for most wickets in an IPL competition, eclipsing Rudra Pratap Singh`s tally of 23 at an average of 18.13 in 16 matches in 2009.
• Malinga`s tally of 21 wickets (ave.7.81) in wins is also a record by a bowler in an IPL competition.
• Malinga`s overall tally of 57 wickets at 15.47 runs apiece in 36 matches in the IPL is the second highest behind RP Singh (58).
• Ambati Rayudu`s 59 off 39 balls is his fourth fifty in the IPL 4. He is the second batsman after Subramaniam Badrinath to register four fifties in the IPL 4.
• Rayudu is the eighth player to complete 300 runs or more in the IPL 4.
• Irfan Pathan (23 off 18 balls) has recorded his highest innings in the IPL 4.
• Morne Morkel (10) has posted his highest innings in the IPL 4
• Mumbai Indians became the first team to register eight wins in the IPL 4. They lost just two games in the tournament and qualified for the semi-finals.