Mumbai Indians Vs Kings XI Punjab: Statistical highlights
Mumbai: Statistical highlights of the Indian Premier League match between Mumbai Indians and Kings XI Punjab.
• Mumbai Indians have won three and lost five out of eight played against Punjab in the IPL - winning per cent 42.85.
• Kieron Pollard has been adjudged the Man of the Match award for the third time in the IPL.
• Sachin Tendulkar and Ambati Rayudu were involved in a stand of 95 for the second wicket - Mumbai Indians` highest for any wicket against Kings XI Punjab in the IPL, outstripping the 82 (unbroken) for the third wicket between Tendulkar and Dwayne Bravo at Centurion on May 12, 2009.
• Piyush Chawla (2/37) has produced his best figures in the IPL 4.
• Ryan Harris (2/33) has recorded his best bowling performance in the fourth edition of the IPL.
• Paul Valthaty (33 off 38 balls) is the second batsman after Sachin Tendulkar (327) to complete 300 runs in the IPL 4. Valthaty`s runs` tally is 301 at an average of 50.16 in seven matches.
• Valthaty`s tally of 14 sixes is the most by any batsman in the IPL 4.
• Lasith Malinga has set a bowling record for most wickets in an IPL competition for Mumbai Indians, capturing 19 at an average of 9.63 in eight games, bettering his own tally of 18 at an average of 17.33 in in 13 matches in 2009.
• During his tenth fifty in the IPL, Shaun Marsh has completed his 1,000 runs, totalling 1008 at an average of 56. 00, including one hundred, in 22 matches.
• Harbhajan (9 at 18.22) and Munaf Patel (9 at 18.22) have both captured nine wickets each in the IPL 4 - the second best behind Lasith Malinga for Mumbai Indians.
• Mumbai Indians, with their 23-run magnificent triumph, have become the first team to register six victories out of eight played in the IPL 4.
• Kings XI Punjab have won three and lost four out of seven played in the fourth edition of the IPL. They are placed eighth in the Points Table.
• Sachin Tendulkar has managed to aggregate 1497 at an average of 42.77 in 43 matches, needing three runs to complete 1500 in the IPL.
• Ambati Rayudu (51 off 37 balls) has recorded his third fifty in the fourth edition of the IPL.
• Rayudu`s runs` tally of 263 (ave.37.57) in eight matches is the second highest for Mumbai Indians in the IPL 4.
• Rayudu has completed his 600 runs in the IPL - 619 at an average of 30.95, including five fifties, in 22 matches.
• Adam Gilchrist has recorded his fifth duck in the IPL - his sixth in Twenty20.
• Sachin`s winning per cent of 60.46 is the best amongst the captains with 25 or more in the IPL - 26 victories and 17 losses out of 43 contested.
• Sachin Tendulkar (51 off 45 balls) became the first batsman to total 300 runs in the IPL 4, aggregating 327 in eight innings at an average of 65.40, including one century and two half-centuries.
• Tendulkar became the first player to post one hundred and ten fifties in the IPL.
• Rayudu and Tendulkar have totalled 458 in eight innings at an average of 65.42, including two partnerships of 100-plus and two of 50-plus, for the second wicket, in the IPL 4.
• Kieron Pollard (20 off 11 balls) has registered his highest innings in the IPL 4.