Mumbai strengthen side by including Rohit Sharma
Mumbai: Mumbai included Rohit Sharma in their one-day squad for the Vijay Hazare Trophy All India knockout rounds, to be held in Delhi from March 6-12.
The middle-order batsman`s availability was confirmed after the elimination of India from the tri-series in Australia.
Sharma will come into the squad, to be led by Ajit Agarkar, in place of Siddharth Chitnis. Incidentally, Sharma, who was in poor touch with the bat in the tri-series in Australia, is part of the Indian squad to play in the Asia Cup in Bangladesh from March 11 to 22.
In another change effected by the Mumbai selectors, Javed Khan, who has played two Ranji Trophy games in 2010, replaced Balwinder Singh Sandhu Jr.
The squad: Ajit Agarkar (capt.), Ajinkya Rahane (vice capt.), Wasim Jaffer, Rohit Sharma, Suryakumar Yadav, Dhawal Kulkarni, Abhishek Nayar, Aditya Tare, Iqbal Abdulla, Shoaib Shaikh, Ankit Chavan, Sushant Marathe, Kshemal Waingankar, Anup Revandkar, Javed Khan. Coach: Sulakshan Kulkarni.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city