Mumbai strengthen side by including Rohit Sharma
Mumbai: Mumbai included Rohit Sharma in their one-day squad for the Vijay Hazare Trophy All India knockout rounds, to be held in Delhi from March 6-12.
The middle-order batsman`s availability was confirmed after the elimination of India from the tri-series in Australia.
Sharma will come into the squad, to be led by Ajit Agarkar, in place of Siddharth Chitnis. Incidentally, Sharma, who was in poor touch with the bat in the tri-series in Australia, is part of the Indian squad to play in the Asia Cup in Bangladesh from March 11 to 22.
In another change effected by the Mumbai selectors, Javed Khan, who has played two Ranji Trophy games in 2010, replaced Balwinder Singh Sandhu Jr.
The squad: Ajit Agarkar (capt.), Ajinkya Rahane (vice capt.), Wasim Jaffer, Rohit Sharma, Suryakumar Yadav, Dhawal Kulkarni, Abhishek Nayar, Aditya Tare, Iqbal Abdulla, Shoaib Shaikh, Ankit Chavan, Sushant Marathe, Kshemal Waingankar, Anup Revandkar, Javed Khan. Coach: Sulakshan Kulkarni.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you