Mumbai strengthen side by including Rohit Sharma
Mumbai: Mumbai included Rohit Sharma in their one-day squad for the Vijay Hazare Trophy All India knockout rounds, to be held in Delhi from March 6-12.
The middle-order batsman`s availability was confirmed after the elimination of India from the tri-series in Australia.
Sharma will come into the squad, to be led by Ajit Agarkar, in place of Siddharth Chitnis. Incidentally, Sharma, who was in poor touch with the bat in the tri-series in Australia, is part of the Indian squad to play in the Asia Cup in Bangladesh from March 11 to 22.
In another change effected by the Mumbai selectors, Javed Khan, who has played two Ranji Trophy games in 2010, replaced Balwinder Singh Sandhu Jr.
The squad: Ajit Agarkar (capt.), Ajinkya Rahane (vice capt.), Wasim Jaffer, Rohit Sharma, Suryakumar Yadav, Dhawal Kulkarni, Abhishek Nayar, Aditya Tare, Iqbal Abdulla, Shoaib Shaikh, Ankit Chavan, Sushant Marathe, Kshemal Waingankar, Anup Revandkar, Javed Khan. Coach: Sulakshan Kulkarni.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mamata Banerjee wants West Bengal to be called ‘Bangla’: Report
- What a journey! Watch video that introduced US President Barack Obama at Democratic National Convention
- No newspapers, television for Arvind Kejriwal for 12 days in August - Know why
- Flood wrecks havoc in Bihar, Assam; more than 40 dead, lakhs affected
- Houthi rebels form Supreme Council to govern Yemen