Mumbai to take on Saurashtra in elite division Ranji match
Rajkot: The Wasim Jaffer led Mumbai team will take on Saurashtra in the Elite division Group A fifth round Ranji Trophy clash at SCA stadium at Khadheri here beginning on Tuesday.
Mumbai is on top of the table with 16 points winning two matches, while Jaydev Shah led Saurashtra too have done well so far beating Punjab by an innings and has eight points.
However, both the team will miss their key players with the hosts playing without Rohit Sharma and Ajinkya Rahane and the hosts without the services of all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja -- all representing the Indian team in the ongoing one-day series against the West Indies.
The match will be crucial for left-arm pacer Zaheer Khan and batsman Cheteshwar Pujara as both the players have recently recovered from their injuries.
Pujara had made 52 runs in the second innings in Saurashtra`s previous match against Karnataka after failing in the first innings, while Zaheer took four wickets against Orissa.
Mumbai will rely on skipper Wasim Jaffer, who has not done much so far in the season, and the in-form Abhishek Nayar to come good with the bat, while Saurashtra would rely on Pujara and the seasoned Sitanshu Kotak.
The hosts have a well-balanced bowling with the inclusion of Zaheer, who would be supported by Avishkar Salvi and Dhaval Kulkarni and spinners Iqbal Abdullah and Romesh Powar.
Saurashtra`s bowling attack would be spearheaded by young Jaydev Unadkat, with support from seamers Siddharth Trivedi and Sandip, while Nayan Doshi and Kamlesh Makwana would handle the spin department.
Saurashtra: Jaidev Shah (Capt), Sagar Jogiyani, Sitanshu Kotak, Cheteshwar Pujara, Rahul Dave, Chirag Pathak, Bhushan Chauhan, Kamlesh Makwana, Nayan Doshi, Jaydev Unadkkat, Siddharth Trivedi Sandip Maniar, Arpit Vasavada, Jayesh Odedara and Sheldon Jackson.
Mumbai: Wasim Jaffer (Capt), Zaheer Khan, Romesh Powar, Avishkar Salvi, Iqbal Abdullah, Dhaval Kulkarni, Abhishek Nayar, Omkar Gaurav, Surya Kumar Yadav, Ankit Chauhan, Hiten Shah, K Pawar, Nikhil Patil (Jr.), Sushant Marathe and Kshemal Waingankar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi