Munaf fit for Barbados Test: Report
New Delhi: Ending uncertainty over his participation in the all-important second Test at Barbados, Indian team management has been learnt to have declared paceman Munaf Patel fit to play the Barbados Test which starts from Tuesday.
Patel’s recovery is good news for India as they would, in all likelihood, go into the match with a three-pronged pace attack on a pitch that is expected to provide a lot of assistance to the faster bowlers.
This means India would leave leg-spinner Amit Mishra out of the Test despite his satisfactory performance in Jamaica.
Mishra’s exclusion is seen more to do with the pacy Bridgtown pitch than his performance in the series so far.
India has not won a single Test match in the last 58 years in Barbados where the hosts have always bounced India out.
Ishant Sharma and Praveen Kumar will be two other medium pacers while Habrhajan Singh will be the lone spinner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read