Munaf fit for Barbados Test: Report
New Delhi: Ending uncertainty over his participation in the all-important second Test at Barbados, Indian team management has been learnt to have declared paceman Munaf Patel fit to play the Barbados Test which starts from Tuesday.
Patel’s recovery is good news for India as they would, in all likelihood, go into the match with a three-pronged pace attack on a pitch that is expected to provide a lot of assistance to the faster bowlers.
This means India would leave leg-spinner Amit Mishra out of the Test despite his satisfactory performance in Jamaica.
Mishra’s exclusion is seen more to do with the pacy Bridgtown pitch than his performance in the series so far.
India has not won a single Test match in the last 58 years in Barbados where the hosts have always bounced India out.
Ishant Sharma and Praveen Kumar will be two other medium pacers while Habrhajan Singh will be the lone spinner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt