Munaf`s participation in second Test still doubtful
Bridgetown: The Indian cricket team has backtracked its affirmation on Munaf Patel`s fitness ahead of the second Test with skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni saying that they would like to see more of the pacer in the nets before commenting on his full fitness.
"He bowled five overs yesterday, we would like to see more of him," Dhoni said before walking towards the nets.
Having identified the pitch as one with extra zip, Dhoni had said yesterday that all the members of the team are fit and he would like to go into the match with a 3-1 bowling combination.
Patel, who missed out on the first Test because of an elbow injury, was deemed to have recovered and ready for the second Test.
Should Patel attains full fitness, he will come in for leg-spinner Amit Mishra.
Ishant Sharma and Praveen Kumar will be two other medium pacers while Habrhajan Singh will be the lone spinner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive