Mushtaq Ahmed predicts `torrid time` for Test-losing side
Karachi: Former Pakistani Test leg-spinner Mushtaq Ahmed has said he feared that Pakistan will face a torrid time against South Africa following their humiliating second Test loss against Zimbabwe.
Misbah-ul Haq and his men came under fire from former cricketers for the loss at Harare Sports Club on Saturday, which dropped Pakistan to sixth on the International Cricket Council ( ICC) rankings .
According to The Dawn, Mushtaq feared that Pakistan is in for a stormy time against the top Test nation in the world as they could not even beat Zimbabwe despite the cash-strapped country struggling with internal problems and their players encumbered with pay dispute with their cricket boards.
The win allowed Zimbabwe, who had not beaten a top Test-playing nation in more than a decade, to square the two-match series, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city