Mushtaq Ahmed predicts `torrid time` for Test-losing side
Karachi: Former Pakistani Test leg-spinner Mushtaq Ahmed has said he feared that Pakistan will face a torrid time against South Africa following their humiliating second Test loss against Zimbabwe.
Misbah-ul Haq and his men came under fire from former cricketers for the loss at Harare Sports Club on Saturday, which dropped Pakistan to sixth on the International Cricket Council ( ICC) rankings .
According to The Dawn, Mushtaq feared that Pakistan is in for a stormy time against the top Test nation in the world as they could not even beat Zimbabwe despite the cash-strapped country struggling with internal problems and their players encumbered with pay dispute with their cricket boards.
The win allowed Zimbabwe, who had not beaten a top Test-playing nation in more than a decade, to square the two-match series, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Aditi and Mohit Malik’s Indonesian vacation will give you honeymoon goals
- Romantic Italian vacation! Love is in the air for Ruslaan Mumtaz and Nirali – See pics
- Bombay High Court quashes FIR against Sussanne Khan
- US asks Pakistan not to discriminate among terrorists
- CMs to make presentation on their ambitious schemes in BJP meet today