Mushtaq Ahmed predicts `torrid time` for Test-losing side
Karachi: Former Pakistani Test leg-spinner Mushtaq Ahmed has said he feared that Pakistan will face a torrid time against South Africa following their humiliating second Test loss against Zimbabwe.
Misbah-ul Haq and his men came under fire from former cricketers for the loss at Harare Sports Club on Saturday, which dropped Pakistan to sixth on the International Cricket Council ( ICC) rankings .
According to The Dawn, Mushtaq feared that Pakistan is in for a stormy time against the top Test nation in the world as they could not even beat Zimbabwe despite the cash-strapped country struggling with internal problems and their players encumbered with pay dispute with their cricket boards.
The win allowed Zimbabwe, who had not beaten a top Test-playing nation in more than a decade, to square the two-match series, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez