My bowling style will work in NZ: Tanvir Ahmed
Karachi: Pakistan medium fast bowler Tanvir Ahmed has expressed confidence that his “preferred length and bowling style” will work in New Zealand, where both countries play a two-Test series commencing on January 7.
“I’ve always preferred to pitch the ball up and give it a chance to swing and seam. Of course I``ll adjust to the conditions, but I fully expect that my preferred length and bowling style will work in New Zealand,” PakPassion.net quoted Tanvir, as saying.
“I``m a firm believer that in Test cricket all around the world you are better off pitching the ball up, especially the new ball,” he added.
Tanvir, who shared the new ball in Abu Dhabi, stated that he enjoys bowling with it, rather than first change.
"I enjoyed bowling with the new ball in the UAE, as there is always a chance that the ball will do a bit. Yes I think it is fair enough to say that I prefer bowling with the new ball, but if the captain and coach want me to bowl first change, then I don``t mind at all."
Tanvir also said he was really looking forward to getting an opportunity to bowl in New Zealand.
"Waqar has a lot of experience of bowling in New Zealand and his advice and help will be crucial. Of course the wickets for the test matches should be much more helpful to the bowlers than what we all saw in the UAE, which is certainly something that I am looking forward to."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover set floor ablaze with killer moves at wedding reception – Watch here
- Petrol, diesel-run cabs banned from Delhi-NCR roads from today
- Wealth from waste: A novel Indian biotech solution
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation
- China may reconsider stand on Pakistani terrorists Hafiz Saeed, Masood Azhar?