My choice of captain would be me, says Dhoni
Baramulla (Kashmir): India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni refused to speculate on who can be his successor as it`s not in his hands but given a choice he would choose himself for the top job.
Responding to a question on his successor, Dhoni said he would not like to name anyone in particular as it was not for him to decide.
"It is not my choice ... My choice would be me.," Dhoni told reporters here at a place which is 55 kms from Srinagar.
"As far as the contenders as concerned there are many... we have Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir and Virat Kohli," he added.
Sehwag was deputy to Dhoni for a long time before his opening partner and Delhi teammate Gambhir was appointed as the vice-captain of the team. But Sehwag was made stop gap captain when Dhoni was rested from ODI series against West Indies.
However, following series of good performances Down Under Kohli was named as the vice-captain of the team for Asia Cup played in Bangladesh earlier this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city