My choice of captain would be me, says Dhoni
Baramulla (Kashmir): India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni refused to speculate on who can be his successor as it`s not in his hands but given a choice he would choose himself for the top job.
Responding to a question on his successor, Dhoni said he would not like to name anyone in particular as it was not for him to decide.
"It is not my choice ... My choice would be me.," Dhoni told reporters here at a place which is 55 kms from Srinagar.
"As far as the contenders as concerned there are many... we have Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir and Virat Kohli," he added.
Sehwag was deputy to Dhoni for a long time before his opening partner and Delhi teammate Gambhir was appointed as the vice-captain of the team. But Sehwag was made stop gap captain when Dhoni was rested from ODI series against West Indies.
However, following series of good performances Down Under Kohli was named as the vice-captain of the team for Asia Cup played in Bangladesh earlier this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official