My choice of captain would be me, says Dhoni
Baramulla (Kashmir): India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni refused to speculate on who can be his successor as it`s not in his hands but given a choice he would choose himself for the top job.
Responding to a question on his successor, Dhoni said he would not like to name anyone in particular as it was not for him to decide.
"It is not my choice ... My choice would be me.," Dhoni told reporters here at a place which is 55 kms from Srinagar.
"As far as the contenders as concerned there are many... we have Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir and Virat Kohli," he added.
Sehwag was deputy to Dhoni for a long time before his opening partner and Delhi teammate Gambhir was appointed as the vice-captain of the team. But Sehwag was made stop gap captain when Dhoni was rested from ODI series against West Indies.
However, following series of good performances Down Under Kohli was named as the vice-captain of the team for Asia Cup played in Bangladesh earlier this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh