My choice of captain would be me, says Dhoni
Baramulla (Kashmir): India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni refused to speculate on who can be his successor as it`s not in his hands but given a choice he would choose himself for the top job.
Responding to a question on his successor, Dhoni said he would not like to name anyone in particular as it was not for him to decide.
"It is not my choice ... My choice would be me.," Dhoni told reporters here at a place which is 55 kms from Srinagar.
"As far as the contenders as concerned there are many... we have Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir and Virat Kohli," he added.
Sehwag was deputy to Dhoni for a long time before his opening partner and Delhi teammate Gambhir was appointed as the vice-captain of the team. But Sehwag was made stop gap captain when Dhoni was rested from ODI series against West Indies.
However, following series of good performances Down Under Kohli was named as the vice-captain of the team for Asia Cup played in Bangladesh earlier this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read
- Assam flood situation grim, close to 3 lakh remain affected
- Sam Allardyce gets England job at second time of asking
- Multiple deaths reported in Munich shopping centre shooting, police operation underway
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Nico Rosberg seals deal as Lewis Hamilton crashes out in Friday Practice