Mystery bug will not jeopardise Starc’s chances of playing against Proteas
Cape Town: Pacer Mitchell Starc, who was sick and was placed on a drip last Saturday, has recovered from mystery bug and Cricket Australia is adamant the ailment will not jeopardise his chances of playing in the first Test next month.
The left-armer is yet to regain the seven kilograms he lost due to a bug he picked up in Sri Lanka, but that has not stopped him from continuing his hot form in South Africa.
The drip Starc was given on the eve of the Champions League and the course of antibiotics he is taking appear to have worked wonders as he has recovered, the Sydney Morning Herald reports.
“I was on the drip the day before the game. I`m holding some good food and still haven`t put any weight back on yet [but] I`ll be trying to do that over the next few days with some good steaks and some good food over here. [I`m] still a little bit flat energy-wise but that will come. It`s just hit me pretty hard. It`ll take me a few days to get back to where I was.”
The Sydney Sixers have kept CA updated with the state of Starc`s health, and there are no concerns the young paceman`s Test preparation has been affected, the paper said.
Barring injury, selectors will name the 22-year-old later this month in the squad for the first Test against South Africa at the Gabba.
“He hasn`t really missed too much at all. We`re pretty confident he`s still in a good space. He`s got some bowling behind him - he did quite a bit in Sri Lanka as well. We`re happy he is tracking really well,” CA fast bowling coach Ali de Winter said.
Starc has not missed either of the Sixers` two wins in the Champions League but said he would most likely not have been well enough to play a longer form of the game.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog