N Srinivasan back as BCCI chief, will chair working committee: Sanjay Patel
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: BCCI secretary Sanjay Patel said on Thursday that N Srinivasan is back as the BCCI chief and he will now chair the working committee meeting to be held in New Delhi on Friday.
"He (Srinivasan) is the BCCI chief and he has already started working. There is no confusion as to who will chair tomorrow's working committee meeting. Nobody till now has forced Mr Srinivasan to resign," Patel told reporters.
Asked whether a fresh probe panel will be formed by the BCCI as demanded by one of the senior vice-presidents Niranjan Shah, Patel gave a terse reply, "I have got nothing to do with it. Ask Niranjan Shah about it! Any decision regarding this can only be taken by the Working Committee and IPL Governing Council. If somebody is talking, it is not well."
If reports are to be believed then several North Zone members may boycott the working committee meeting of the BCCI, scheduled to be held tomorrow.
Many members in the North Zone are of the view that N Srinivasan should not return as the president of the BCCI and are ready to skip the working committee meeting to show their displeasure over it.
There are reports that there is also a rift between the interim BCCI president Jagmohan Dalmiya and president-in-exile Srinivasan.
Meanwhile the Bombay High Court order had created a lot of confusion within the Board and interim chief Jagmohan Dalmiya earlier said he had no clue yet as to who will chair the Working Committee meeting on August 2.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video