N Srinivasan can contest BCCI elections but can’t take charge: SC
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A Supreme Court bench comprising Justice AK Patnaik and Jagdish Singh Khehar on Friday said N Srinivasan can attend and contest the BCCI election. But, if elected, he will only be allowed to take charge only after clearing his name from the Indian Premier League (IPL) corruption cases.
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) AGM scheduled to take place on September 29 also got a go-ahead by the SC today.
Earlier, Cricket Association of Bihar (CAB) had filed a plea to stop a desperate Srinivasan from contesting the Board elections.
Apart from that, the Bihar association was also looking for an interim ban against Srini, which could prevent him from being a member of any BCCI committee.
Srini is on the verge to complete his two year tenure by the end of this month. But it seems as if he will certainly retain his position for the next a year or so.
If the sources are to be believed then Srini has got the support of all six South Zone affiliates - Tamil Nadu (his home state), Karnataka, Kerala, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh and Goa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you