N Srinivasan expected to be anointed new ICC chairman
Johannesburg: Suspended Indian cricket chief Narayanaswami Srinivasan is reportedly expected to be anointed as the new International Cricket Council (ICC) chairman at this week`s annual conference in Melbourne.
The Board of Control for Cricket in India has confirmed that Srinivasan would stand as chairman of the ICC despite being suspended by the country`s Supreme Court as the country`s cricket chief.
According to Sport24, the 69-year-old industrialist is seen as the most powerful man in world cricket and he was among 13 people named in a damning report into corruption allegations in the Indian Premier League (IPL).
Despite the IPL Twenty20 competition being embroiled in allegations of illegal betting and spot-fixing, including against Srinivasan`s son-in-law, BCCI secretary Sanjay Patel confirmed that Srinivasan would go to Melbourne and was expected to be anointed ICC chairman.
Patel said that by the month end, India would take a leading role in the ICC as Srinivasan is going to attend the annual conference, which is set to address the growing concerns about corruption in the sport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report