N Srinivasan keen to chair BCCI meet?
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Just under a month after BCCI’s previous meting in Delhi had to be adjourned on a technicality, the Cricket Board`s working committee is to meet in Kolkata on Sunday. According to a report, N Srinivasan is keen to chair the meeting.
The board members are worried about the negative impact his presence could have on the meeting and majority of the members are opposed of Srinivasan chairing the meeting,
"The Working Committee is to meet in Kolkata on September 1. This is the last meeting of the committee before the AGM," BCCI sources informed on Tuesday.
The previous meeting of the working committee, scheduled to be held soon after that of the IPL Governing Council`s on August 2, had to be adjourned as the word "emergent" was not mentioned in the circular sent to its members to indicate it was called at short notice.
With the hearing in the Supreme Court on BCCI`s appeal against the Bombay High Court verdict which declared the Board`s IPL probe panel "illegal and unconstitutional" coming up on August 29, its outcome is expected to be deliberated by the working committee.
BCCI president N Srinivasan had stepped aside till the IPL probe committee completed its job, and had gone to Delhi to chair the adjourned working committee meeting after having recused himself from the IPL GC`s sitting held on the same day.
But the meeting was adjourned and Jagmohan Dalmiya continued to function as the interim chief.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan