N Srinivasan keen to chair BCCI meet?
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Just under a month after BCCI’s previous meting in Delhi had to be adjourned on a technicality, the Cricket Board`s working committee is to meet in Kolkata on Sunday. According to a report, N Srinivasan is keen to chair the meeting.
The board members are worried about the negative impact his presence could have on the meeting and majority of the members are opposed of Srinivasan chairing the meeting,
"The Working Committee is to meet in Kolkata on September 1. This is the last meeting of the committee before the AGM," BCCI sources informed on Tuesday.
The previous meeting of the working committee, scheduled to be held soon after that of the IPL Governing Council`s on August 2, had to be adjourned as the word "emergent" was not mentioned in the circular sent to its members to indicate it was called at short notice.
With the hearing in the Supreme Court on BCCI`s appeal against the Bombay High Court verdict which declared the Board`s IPL probe panel "illegal and unconstitutional" coming up on August 29, its outcome is expected to be deliberated by the working committee.
BCCI president N Srinivasan had stepped aside till the IPL probe committee completed its job, and had gone to Delhi to chair the adjourned working committee meeting after having recused himself from the IPL GC`s sitting held on the same day.
But the meeting was adjourned and Jagmohan Dalmiya continued to function as the interim chief.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends