N Srinivasan to be ICC Chairman from July
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
Singapore: India`s N Srinivasan has been selected as the next ICC chairman in the International Cricket Council`s (ICC) board meeting held on Saturday.
The president of Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), Srinivasan will join his post from July 2014, for two years. He will become the first chairman of the ICC.
According to the news sources Srinivasan is quite happy with the decision and the outcome of the meet today.
It`s a double bonanza for BCCI and Srinivasan as in the Board meet ICC also approved wide-ranging structural and governance reforms despite complaints that they place too much power in the hands of the "Big Three" of India, England and Australia.
The proposals were passed after gaining the support of eight of the ICC`s 10 full members, with Sri Lanka and Pakistan -- who have both been vocally opposed -- abstaining, a spokesman said.
The package resolution, passed at a meeting in Singapore includes, setting up a five-man executive council with seats reserved for India, England and Australia, the sport’s leading financial powers.
With Agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- Copa del Rey: Barcelona edge out Sevilla in bad-tempered final
- No confirmation of Taliban chief’s death: Nawaz Sharif
- Launch of India's maiden space shuttle: 10 things you must know about ISRO's RLV-TD mission!
- Jama Masjid in Gujarat's Vadodara claims it has biggest Quran in the world - Pics inside
- Search ops underway to locate two missing Indians on Mount Everest