N Srinivasan to be ICC Chairman from July
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
Singapore: India`s N Srinivasan has been selected as the next ICC chairman in the International Cricket Council`s (ICC) board meeting held on Saturday.
The president of Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), Srinivasan will join his post from July 2014, for two years. He will become the first chairman of the ICC.
According to the news sources Srinivasan is quite happy with the decision and the outcome of the meet today.
It`s a double bonanza for BCCI and Srinivasan as in the Board meet ICC also approved wide-ranging structural and governance reforms despite complaints that they place too much power in the hands of the "Big Three" of India, England and Australia.
The proposals were passed after gaining the support of eight of the ICC`s 10 full members, with Sri Lanka and Pakistan -- who have both been vocally opposed -- abstaining, a spokesman said.
The package resolution, passed at a meeting in Singapore includes, setting up a five-man executive council with seats reserved for India, England and Australia, the sport’s leading financial powers.
With Agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- 7th Pay Commission: Know at a glance, see this informative chart
- Complete list of athletes representing India at 2016 Rio Olympics
- Hillary Clinton leads Donald Trump by 11 points in US presidential race
- Pakistan strongly condemns terrorist attack at Istanbul airport
- From criticism to unconditional love: Argentine fans urge Lionel Messi not to quit