Nadeem to use India A chance to book Team India berth
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand Ranji team skipper Shahbaz Nadeem, who was selected in the India A team for the upcoming Tri-series in South Africa, said he would use this opportunity to book a berth in senior national side.
"I will try to put up my best performance in the upcoming tri-series in South Africa and capitalise on the opportunity," the 24-year-old left-arm spinner said.
Nadeem, who represented Delhi Daredevils in the last edition of the IPL, said his focus would be to deliver and help the side win the series.
The India A team area scheduled to play a tri-series also featuring Australia A and South Africa A and two four-day games on the tour in August.
"The bowling training in Bangalore would certainly help me to sharpen my skills ahead of the South Africa tour," said Nadeem who was selected in the India A team at a BCCI meeting in Mumbai.
The Jharkhand captain who would join the training camp in Bangalore on July 8 said he got the good news from Dhanbad District Cricket Association secretary.
Hailing Nadeem`s selection in India A, Jharkhand State Cricket Association (JSCA) secretary
Rajesh Verma said the left-arm spinner deserved the opportunity as he had been performing well year after year.
Verma expressed confidence that Nadeem would put up a fine performance in the upcoming series and would make his way into the senior Indian team.
Nadeem is the fourth cricketer from Jharkhand to enter India A team after Saurabh Tiwary, Varun Aron and Ishank Jaggi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption