Nafees suffers injury in Windies Test
Chittagong (Bangladesh): Bangladesh's Shahriar Nafees retired with a bleeding nose before the hosts reached 74-1 at lunch on the opening day of the first Test against the West Indies on Friday.
The left-handed batsman played some attacking shots before being struck by fast bowler Fidel Edwards's bouncer in the 20th over. He has so far hit four boundaries in his 18-ball 21.
Opener Tamim Iqbal batted steadily in the two-hour morning session, having hit three fours in his unbeaten 32. Raqibul Hasan was batting on nine at the break.
Bangladesh lost Imrul Kayes in the 12th over after electing to bat before being steadied by Tamim, who had put on 32 runs for the second wicket with Nafees.
Paceman Ravi Rampaul took the only wicket to fall in the first session when he had Kayes caught by wicket-keeper Carlton Baugh in his sixth over. He has so far conceded just 18 runs in his eight overs.
Nafees began aggressively, hitting seamer Darren Sammy for two successive fours and then smashing Edwards for two boundaries in an over early in his innings.
All-rounders Elias Sunny and Nasir Hossain made their Test debuts for Bangladesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love