Najam Sethi defends Pakistan’s Test loss to Zimbabwe
Karachi: Caretaker chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Najam Sethi has defended Pakistan`s humiliating defeat by Zimbabwe in the second Test, saying that there is nothing to worry about as the loss is a `part and parcel of the game`.
Misbah-ul-Haq `s team suffered their first loss to Zimbabwe in 15 years when they went down by 24 runs in the second and final Test at Harare.
According to The Dawn, Sethi believed that former cricketers, who wants a job in the PCB, are raising an unnecessary hue and cry about the Test defeat, adding that the national team will live up to expectations by winning their upcoming series against South Africa and Sri Lanka.
Expressing his confidence in the team, Sethi also said that Pakistan has recently achieved `fine victories` during the West Indies tour and hailed Misbah and fellow veteran Younis Khan, saying that they were keeping the team together besides doing well with the bat.
Meanwhile, Sethi further said that he wanted a do a lot of things in the PCB but the court stopped him from doing so, adding that he wanted to form a new selection committee and to bring in a new chief selector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head