Narine aiming to extend wicket-taking form
Georgetown (Guyana): West Indies off-spinner Sunil Narine, who recaptured his best form with a four wicket haul against Pakistan Tuesday, is aiming to extend his wicket taking momentum to the third ODI which bowls off in St. Lucia onFriday.
Narine took four wickets for 26 runs off his 10 overs to floor the visitors and give the home side a crucial victory by 37 runs at the Guyana National Stadium.
The 25-year-old spinner says he is unfazed by the pitch at the Beausejour Playing Field which is expected to play differently from the one at Providence where his exploits earned him man of the match.
“We are now level and back in the series and we will look to win at St.Lucia as well,” said Narine.
“The pitch there will be a bit different to what we have here in Guyana, but I believe I have the ability to bowl well there and get some more wickets."
Narine went wicketless off three overs when the West Indies lost the opening ODI Sunday, but he proved unstoppable Tuesday as Pakistan were bowled out for 195 off 47.5 overs in reply to West Indies’ 232-8 off their 50 overs.
“I just had to give it my all. I bowled a little quicker because, on this pitch, some balls were staying low and some were bouncing,” said Narine, who was voted ICC Emerging Player-of-the-Year last year and is presently No.1 in the ICC ODI and T20 bowling rankings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city