Narine holds on to number one spot in ODI rankings
London: West Indies off spinner Sunil Narine has maintained his number one position in the ODI bowling rankings.
After taking five wickets in three games (Ave: 26.0, Econ: 4.81) at the Champions Trophy, Narine remained on 764 points.
But distance was created between himself and the man whose number one position he had earlier dislodged, Pakistani Saeed Ajmal, who dropped 27 points to 729 to join England’s Steven Finn, tied for second.
Narine is also the top T20 bowler on the ICC player rankings.
The next highest rated West Indian is Kemar Roach, who skipped three spots to 18th, followed by Ravi Rampaul (30th), Darren Sammy (37th) and Dwayne Bravo (55th).
Among the batsmen, Kieron Pollard stayed in 32nd while Chris Gayle moved up two spots to 34th.
Further down the list are Darren Bravo (44th), the discarded pair of Andre Russell (54th) and Lendl Simmons (60th), Ramnaresh Sarwan (62nd), Marlon Samuels (66th), Johnson Charles (71st) and Darren Sammy (73rd).
South Africans AB De Villiers and Hashim Amla continued to occupy the top two spots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP