Narine into top 10 in T20 rankings
Dubai: West Indies off-spinner Sunil Narine has broken into the top 10 of the latest International Cricket Council Twenty20 player rankings.
The wily Trinidadian bowler rose three spots in the rankings released Saturday, to be joint tenth with South African speedster Dale Steyn, reports CMC.
Narine`s last T20 International was against Bangladesh earlier this month when he finished wicket-less from three overs. He has so far taken 16 wickets from 13 T20s in his fledgling international career.
There is no Indian bowler in the top 10 while there are two batsmen in the top 10. Virat Kohli with 730 points is in fifth position and Suresh Raina is in eighth.
West Indies captain Darren Sammy is the second highest-ranked West Indies bowler at 24th.
Pakistani off-spinner Saeed Ajmal has maintained his stranglehold on the number one spot in the rankings.
In the batting, West Indies Marlon Samuels has risen one spot to sixth while Chris Gayle remains unmoved on third.
Australian Shane Watson tops the rankings ahead of New Zealander Brendon McCullum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees