Nasir Jamshed wants to play Test cricket for Pakistan again
Islamabad: Pakistan opener Nasir Jamshed has said that he wanted to make a strong comeback as a Test batsman as the format was important for every big player including him.
According to The Dawn, the Pakistan team is leaving for Zimbabwe on Sunday to play two Tests, three ODIs and two Twenty20 matches and Jamshed has not been given an opportunity in the Test squad.
Nasir was given a chance in the last Test series against South Africa earlier this year but the left-handed batsman could not fire in two matches scoring just 51 runs in four innings with the highest score of 46, the report said.
The player said that if he gets another chance in Test cricket, he would come out as a more mature player, adding that he had learnt from his mistakes in the Test matches against South Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- French Open 2016: Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka face Czech challenge in Paris
- Iraq PM announces start of operation to retake Fallujah
- Amnesty warns Yemen civilians face cluster bombs `minefields`
- KTM 1290 Super Duke R based Husqvarna 1301 spotted testing
- 17 girls dead in fire at school dormitory in Thailand