Nathan Lyon calls comparison with Shane Warne `harsh`
Sydney: Australia`s Test spinner Nathan Lyon has said that it is not fair for him to be compared with great spin bowler Shane Warne, in the background of his place in the return Ashes series being still questionable.
According to news.com.au, the dependable 25-year-old was overlooked for Ashton Agar in the first two Tests of Australia`s failed campaign in England and now Pakistan-born leg-spinner Fawad Ahmed is bowling for an Ashes spot in the one-day series.
The best Lyon can do is perform well for his new state New South Wales in the Ryobi Cup and keep his fingers firmly crossed that he is named in the Test squad come November, the report said.
Lyon said that he played the last Test for Australia in the Ashes, so he has his fingers crossed on whether he is still in the squad, adding that he is not really concerned about what Fawad or Ashton Agar were doing right now and was worried about getting back to NSW and training with the boys.
Lyon has performed admirably in his 25 Tests, having taken 85 wickets at an average of 33 but he admits it`s impossible to meet the unrealistic expectations set by Warne and upheld by the Australian public, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of open manholes and huge pits claiming lives in India
- DNA: Analysis of open manholes and huge pits claiming lives in India - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of people's empathy towards terrorists in Kashmir