Nathan Lyon calls comparison with Shane Warne `harsh`
Sydney: Australia`s Test spinner Nathan Lyon has said that it is not fair for him to be compared with great spin bowler Shane Warne, in the background of his place in the return Ashes series being still questionable.
According to news.com.au, the dependable 25-year-old was overlooked for Ashton Agar in the first two Tests of Australia`s failed campaign in England and now Pakistan-born leg-spinner Fawad Ahmed is bowling for an Ashes spot in the one-day series.
The best Lyon can do is perform well for his new state New South Wales in the Ryobi Cup and keep his fingers firmly crossed that he is named in the Test squad come November, the report said.
Lyon said that he played the last Test for Australia in the Ashes, so he has his fingers crossed on whether he is still in the squad, adding that he is not really concerned about what Fawad or Ashton Agar were doing right now and was worried about getting back to NSW and training with the boys.
Lyon has performed admirably in his 25 Tests, having taken 85 wickets at an average of 33 but he admits it`s impossible to meet the unrealistic expectations set by Warne and upheld by the Australian public, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery