National Cricket Academy has become a joke: Kiran More
New Delhi: Former national selector and wicketkeeper Kiran More lashed out at the Indian cricket board stating that National Cricket Academy has become a "joke".
"The biggest review the Indian board needs to do is at the National Cricket Academy (NCA). It has become a joke. The last time I was there, all the bowlers and batsmen were being just cloned mechanically. I was shocked. You can`t have everyone do the same thing," More lashed out during an interview with a sports website.
More questioned as to how many great players have NCA produced who are in the league of Anil Kumble, Rahul Dravid or Sachin Tendulkar.
"How many cricketers has the NCA helped produce who are at the level of Anil Kumble or Rahul Dravid or Sachin Tendulkar? The NCA has failed in feeding good talent to the national team. It is time the Indian board seriously rethinks how the NCA is run," the former stumper didn`t mince words.
More feels that chairman Anil Kumble should get a free hand in running the NCA.
"Kumble should be given a free rein. He will make sure the right structure is put in place. You can`t just have coaches who are equipped with Level 1, 2 certificates. To an extent these guys can help, but you need national cricketers playing a bigger role," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi