National Cricket Academy has become a joke: Kiran More
New Delhi: Former national selector and wicketkeeper Kiran More lashed out at the Indian cricket board stating that National Cricket Academy has become a "joke".
"The biggest review the Indian board needs to do is at the National Cricket Academy (NCA). It has become a joke. The last time I was there, all the bowlers and batsmen were being just cloned mechanically. I was shocked. You can`t have everyone do the same thing," More lashed out during an interview with a sports website.
More questioned as to how many great players have NCA produced who are in the league of Anil Kumble, Rahul Dravid or Sachin Tendulkar.
"How many cricketers has the NCA helped produce who are at the level of Anil Kumble or Rahul Dravid or Sachin Tendulkar? The NCA has failed in feeding good talent to the national team. It is time the Indian board seriously rethinks how the NCA is run," the former stumper didn`t mince words.
More feels that chairman Anil Kumble should get a free hand in running the NCA.
"Kumble should be given a free rein. He will make sure the right structure is put in place. You can`t just have coaches who are equipped with Level 1, 2 certificates. To an extent these guys can help, but you need national cricketers playing a bigger role," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?