Natraj Behera slams 4th successive ton but Gujarat retain upper hand
Motera: Natraj Behera scored his fourth successive century but Odisha could reach just 345 for eight at the end of the third day`s play, even as Gujarat remained favourites to take the first innings lead in their Ranji Trophy Group A match here on Tuesday.
Odisha are trailing Gujarat by 134 runs with only two wicket remaining.
At stumps, Basant Mohanty and Jayanta Behera were unbeaten on one and 0, respectively.
Resuming on 111 for one in pursuit of Gujarat`s first innings total of 479, Natraj Behera moved from his overnight unbeaten 64 to complete his century.
He had scored 158 against Delhi and twin hundreds against Mumbai.
Behera along with Govind Podder (43) added 66 runs to the overnight score before he got out for a 224-ball 106, studded with 19 fours.
Podder then continued in the able company of skipper Biplab Samantray (46) and the duo shared a 69-run stand for the third wicket.
After Samantray`s departure, Odisha kept on losing a couple of wickets in quick successions every time.
For Gujarat, Rakesh Dhurv was the pick of the bowlers with figures of four for 78, while Jasprit Bumrah chipped in with three for 76.
Gujarat 1st innings: 479 for eight decl
Odisha 1st innings: 345 for eight in 138 overs (Natraj Behera 106, Biplab Samantray 46; Rakesh Dhurv 4/78, Jasprit Bumrah 3/76).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- India vs West Indies, 1st T20I Preview: Two countries enter new world of cricket in United States
- IIT-Bombay has blacklisted these 9 companies from placements for one year
- US Open: Ramkumar Ramanathan falls in first round of qualifiers
- Gems, jewellery exports up about 12% in Apr-Jul FY17
- India responds to Pakistan's offer for talks, says will discuss only cross-border terror