Natraj Behera slams 4th successive ton but Gujarat retain upper hand
Motera: Natraj Behera scored his fourth successive century but Odisha could reach just 345 for eight at the end of the third day`s play, even as Gujarat remained favourites to take the first innings lead in their Ranji Trophy Group A match here on Tuesday.
Odisha are trailing Gujarat by 134 runs with only two wicket remaining.
At stumps, Basant Mohanty and Jayanta Behera were unbeaten on one and 0, respectively.
Resuming on 111 for one in pursuit of Gujarat`s first innings total of 479, Natraj Behera moved from his overnight unbeaten 64 to complete his century.
He had scored 158 against Delhi and twin hundreds against Mumbai.
Behera along with Govind Podder (43) added 66 runs to the overnight score before he got out for a 224-ball 106, studded with 19 fours.
Podder then continued in the able company of skipper Biplab Samantray (46) and the duo shared a 69-run stand for the third wicket.
After Samantray`s departure, Odisha kept on losing a couple of wickets in quick successions every time.
For Gujarat, Rakesh Dhurv was the pick of the bowlers with figures of four for 78, while Jasprit Bumrah chipped in with three for 76.
Gujarat 1st innings: 479 for eight decl
Odisha 1st innings: 345 for eight in 138 overs (Natraj Behera 106, Biplab Samantray 46; Rakesh Dhurv 4/78, Jasprit Bumrah 3/76).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!