Nayar added to India A squad for 2nd warm-up against Australia
New Delhi: One of the top performers in the recently-concluded Ranji Trophy season, Mumbai all-rounder Abhishek Nayar has been included in the India A squad for the second warm-up match, scheduled to be held from February 16 to 18, against the touring Australian side.
"Abhishek Nayar has been added to the India `A` squad, for the three-day game against Australia, to be played at Chennai from 16 February 2013 to 18 February 2013," BCCI Secretary, Sanjay Jagdale said in a release.
Nayar scored 966 runs at an average of 99.60 and took 19 wickets to help Mumbai clinch their 40th Ranji Trophy title.
Delhi opener Shikhar Dhawan will captain the 13-member squad, which also includes a fit-again Manoj Tiwary, Mumbai batsmen Rohit Sharma and Ajinkya Rahane.
Punjab opener Jiwanjot Singh, who scored five centuries during the Ranji Trophy season, also figures in the squad.
The India `A` squad is as follows: Shikhar Dhawan (Captain), Jiwanjyot Singh, Rohit Sharma, Manoj Tiwary, Ajinkya Rahane, C Gautam, Rakesh Dhruv, Jalaj Saxena, Manpreet Gony, Vinay Kumar, Dhawal Kulkarni, Ashok Menaria, Abhishek Nayar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- 10 killed, 19 hurt as bus falls in canal; 3 die in car mishap
- People closer to family less likely to die early
- J-K: Militant hideout busted, huge cache of arms, ammunition recovered
- Indian origin ex-husband of step-mom accused of killing girl arrested in US
- US, South Korea begin joint drills amid tension after defection