Nayar added to India A squad for 2nd warm-up against Australia
New Delhi: One of the top performers in the recently-concluded Ranji Trophy season, Mumbai all-rounder Abhishek Nayar has been included in the India A squad for the second warm-up match, scheduled to be held from February 16 to 18, against the touring Australian side.
"Abhishek Nayar has been added to the India `A` squad, for the three-day game against Australia, to be played at Chennai from 16 February 2013 to 18 February 2013," BCCI Secretary, Sanjay Jagdale said in a release.
Nayar scored 966 runs at an average of 99.60 and took 19 wickets to help Mumbai clinch their 40th Ranji Trophy title.
Delhi opener Shikhar Dhawan will captain the 13-member squad, which also includes a fit-again Manoj Tiwary, Mumbai batsmen Rohit Sharma and Ajinkya Rahane.
Punjab opener Jiwanjot Singh, who scored five centuries during the Ranji Trophy season, also figures in the squad.
The India `A` squad is as follows: Shikhar Dhawan (Captain), Jiwanjyot Singh, Rohit Sharma, Manoj Tiwary, Ajinkya Rahane, C Gautam, Rakesh Dhruv, Jalaj Saxena, Manpreet Gony, Vinay Kumar, Dhawal Kulkarni, Ashok Menaria, Abhishek Nayar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Asian markets sink as stimulus hopes rolled back
- Lodha panel report: CAB cancels AGM after SC's verdict
- Peter Thiel tells Republican convention he is ''proud to be gay''
- Know what Kapil Sharma’s team did the moment ‘bua’ Upasana Singh quit ‘Comedy Nights Live’
- Papua New Guinea leader survives no-confidence vote