Nayar, Dhawal return to Mumbai squad for Ranji quarterfinals
Mumbai: All-rounder Abhishek Nayar and fast bowler Dhaval Kulkarni returned from injury and rest to bolster Mumbai during their Ranji Trophy quarter-final encounter against Madhya Pradesh next week.
Nayar had hurt his thumb during the team`s league tie against Uttar Pradesh and missed the last league match against Punjab. Kulkarni was rested in view of the heavy workload.
However, the 39-time champions will feel the absence of Sushant Marathe and Avishkar Salvi, who were injured during the match against Punjab last week.
Mumbai will face Madhya Pradesh in the quarter-final tie at Indore beginning January 2.
Mumbai Squad: Wasim Jaffer (captain), Ramesh Powar (vice captain), Suryakumar Yadav, Iqbal Abdullah, Praful Waghela, Hiken Shah, Abhishek Nayar, Dhaval Kulkarni, Kshemal Waingankar, Onkar Gurav, Ankit Chavan, Murtuza Hussain, Balwinder Singh Sandhu (Jr), Kaustubh Pawar, Nikhil Patil (Jr). Coach: Sulakshan Kulkarni.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory