Nayar, Dhawal return to Mumbai squad for Ranji quarterfinals
Mumbai: All-rounder Abhishek Nayar and fast bowler Dhaval Kulkarni returned from injury and rest to bolster Mumbai during their Ranji Trophy quarter-final encounter against Madhya Pradesh next week.
Nayar had hurt his thumb during the team`s league tie against Uttar Pradesh and missed the last league match against Punjab. Kulkarni was rested in view of the heavy workload.
However, the 39-time champions will feel the absence of Sushant Marathe and Avishkar Salvi, who were injured during the match against Punjab last week.
Mumbai will face Madhya Pradesh in the quarter-final tie at Indore beginning January 2.
Mumbai Squad: Wasim Jaffer (captain), Ramesh Powar (vice captain), Suryakumar Yadav, Iqbal Abdullah, Praful Waghela, Hiken Shah, Abhishek Nayar, Dhaval Kulkarni, Kshemal Waingankar, Onkar Gurav, Ankit Chavan, Murtuza Hussain, Balwinder Singh Sandhu (Jr), Kaustubh Pawar, Nikhil Patil (Jr). Coach: Sulakshan Kulkarni.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand