Nayar, Dhawal return to Mumbai squad for Ranji quarterfinals
Mumbai: All-rounder Abhishek Nayar and fast bowler Dhaval Kulkarni returned from injury and rest to bolster Mumbai during their Ranji Trophy quarter-final encounter against Madhya Pradesh next week.
Nayar had hurt his thumb during the team`s league tie against Uttar Pradesh and missed the last league match against Punjab. Kulkarni was rested in view of the heavy workload.
However, the 39-time champions will feel the absence of Sushant Marathe and Avishkar Salvi, who were injured during the match against Punjab last week.
Mumbai will face Madhya Pradesh in the quarter-final tie at Indore beginning January 2.
Mumbai Squad: Wasim Jaffer (captain), Ramesh Powar (vice captain), Suryakumar Yadav, Iqbal Abdullah, Praful Waghela, Hiken Shah, Abhishek Nayar, Dhaval Kulkarni, Kshemal Waingankar, Onkar Gurav, Ankit Chavan, Murtuza Hussain, Balwinder Singh Sandhu (Jr), Kaustubh Pawar, Nikhil Patil (Jr). Coach: Sulakshan Kulkarni.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Sony Xperia XA Ultra launched in India at Rs 29,990
- RS condemns brutal rape of 4-year old in Delhi
- Terrifying video: Chinese woman mauled to death by tiger at Badaling Wildlife Park
- Congress MP moves privilege motion against Naqvi in RS
- Narsingh Pancham Yadav doping scandal: He can't do something like this, says Yogeshwar Dutt