Nayar, Dhawal return to Mumbai squad for Ranji quarterfinals
Mumbai: All-rounder Abhishek Nayar and fast bowler Dhaval Kulkarni returned from injury and rest to bolster Mumbai during their Ranji Trophy quarter-final encounter against Madhya Pradesh next week.
Nayar had hurt his thumb during the team`s league tie against Uttar Pradesh and missed the last league match against Punjab. Kulkarni was rested in view of the heavy workload.
However, the 39-time champions will feel the absence of Sushant Marathe and Avishkar Salvi, who were injured during the match against Punjab last week.
Mumbai will face Madhya Pradesh in the quarter-final tie at Indore beginning January 2.
Mumbai Squad: Wasim Jaffer (captain), Ramesh Powar (vice captain), Suryakumar Yadav, Iqbal Abdullah, Praful Waghela, Hiken Shah, Abhishek Nayar, Dhaval Kulkarni, Kshemal Waingankar, Onkar Gurav, Ankit Chavan, Murtuza Hussain, Balwinder Singh Sandhu (Jr), Kaustubh Pawar, Nikhil Patil (Jr). Coach: Sulakshan Kulkarni.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH