Need some awful decisions against Indian batsmen for DRS: CA
Melbourne: Taking potshots at the Indian cricketers for objecting to the Decision Review System, Cricket Australia Chief Executive James Sutherland has said that "some awful decisions" against them could convince India to use the controversial technology.
Indian players and the Cricket Board (BCCI) are not favour of using the DRS as they feel that the technology has many flaws and they were at the receiving end when one component of it was used.
Before the ongoing Test series against Australia, there were calls for the use of DRS but the Indian cricket establishment, including skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni, has stuck to their guns of not using the technology.
The ICC rules require both countries to agree to the use of DRS.
But, Sutherland was adamant that the DRS should be introduced in all international matches.
"The technology is here, the viewers are watching it on TV and we`re not using it," Sutherland said.
"Perhaps we need some pretty awful decisions to go against Indian batsmen," he was quoted as saying by `The Age`.
He said he is hopeful that the Indians will agree to the use of DRS in the near future.
"My sense talking to Indian administrators is that there are a couple of players within the Indian team who don`t have a lot of confidence in DRS. I suspect that is perhaps a reason why the BCCI haven`t seen themselves in a position to really approve it at this stage," Sutherland said.
"It`s fact - the number of decisions that were correct have increased with the introduction of DRS and I think the entertainment value of cricket has increased as a result of DRS," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP